How to accept foreign payments with your PayPal Business account.
Convert foreign payments automatically.1. Log in to your PayPal Business account. Click Profile, then select Profile Settings.
2. Click on My Selling Tools. Then, select Update on the Block Payments line.
First, make sure this box is unchecked to allow PayPal account holders from other countries to pay you online.
Every time a sale is made, the foreign currencies are converted at the latest conversion rates and credited to your PayPal Business account in U.S. dollars. Or, you can choose to convert them manually yourself at every transaction.
Convert foreign payments manually.When you choose to approve each foreign currency conversion manually, we’ll notify you each time you receive a foreign payment.
1 To approve the transaction, select Activity from the main menu. Look for the pending payment in the transaction list and click Accept.
2. Select the Accept this payment, convert it to USD, and then click Submit.
The amount is converted at the latest applicable conversion rate and is then credited to your PayPal Business account. International payments are charged a percentage of the transaction amount on top of the exchange rate.
Hold payments in foreign currencies.You can hold balances in foreign currencies in your PayPal Business account. Payments made in these currencies are no longer converted to U.S. dollars, but instead are kept in the foreign currency. The benefit of this is that you can arrange conversion yourself, anytime.
1. To do this, select Money from the main menu.
2. Click on Manage Currencies.
3. Select the foreign currency you want to hold and then click Add Currency.
A separate currency balance for Euros is now set up in your PayPal Business account.
And that’s it. You’re now ready to accept and manage international payments.
Frequently asked questions.
You can transfer some or all of your PayPal balance from one currency to another.
Here's how to convert your balance to another currency:
- Go to Money.  >
- Click Convert currency below the currency you want to convert.  >
- Enter the amount you want to convert to and click Next.  >
- Review the information and click Transfer.
With a PayPal Balance account, here’s how to select a currency for your primary balance:
- Click Pay & Get Paid.  >
- Go to Money.  >
- Click Make primary under the currency balance you want to make primary.
Your primary balance is your default currency. Your default currency is used to send and request payments.
What shipping services can I use with ShipStation?
How do I create a shipping label in ShipStation?
- Go to Activity and select All Transactions.
- Select your transaction and click Ship. It’ll take you to your Orders page in ShipStation.
- Select the order and click Apply Shipping Preset. Choose a flat rate packaging option or your own preset.
- Click Buy Label.
- Follow the instructions to review your shipping information and purchase the label.
How do I pay for shipping labels? Are there fees for using ShipStation?
Will I still receive discounted labels with USPS as I did with PayPal Shipping in the past?
Can I print multiple labels at once?
Can I void a label that I purchased and receive a refund?
How do my customers get notified of their shipment?
Why did ShipStation create a domestic label for an international order?
Can a secondary user on my account create shipping labels through ShipStation?
How do I contact ShipStation for support?
You can keep and use your PayPal balance if you’ve confirmed your identity with us. It shows how much money you have available in your primary currency.
To see your PayPal balance, click Money at the top of the page. The "Available" section shows how much money you have available in your account at that moment in your primary currency. It does not reflect pending payments or recurring payments or orders that have not been completed. Your different currency balances are shown underneath this.
To view all transactions including balance and fees, log in to your PayPal account and check your recent activity.