How to accept foreign payments with your PayPal Business account.
Convert foreign payments automatically.1. Log in to your PayPal Business account. Click Profile, then select Profile Settings.
2. Click on My Selling Tools. Then, select Update on the Block Payments line.
First, make sure this box is unchecked to allow PayPal account holders from other countries to pay you online.
Every time a sale is made, the foreign currencies are converted at the latest conversion rates and credited to your PayPal Business account in U.S. dollars. Or, you can choose to convert them manually yourself at every transaction.
Convert foreign payments manually.When you choose to approve each foreign currency conversion manually, we’ll notify you each time you receive a foreign payment.
1 To approve the transaction, select Activity from the main menu. Look for the pending payment in the transaction list and click Accept.
2. Select the Accept this payment, convert it to USD, and then click Submit.
The amount is converted at the latest applicable conversion rate and is then credited to your PayPal Business account. International payments are charged a percentage of the transaction amount on top of the exchange rate.
Hold payments in foreign currencies.You can hold balances in foreign currencies in your PayPal Business account. Payments made in these currencies are no longer converted to U.S. dollars, but instead are kept in the foreign currency. The benefit of this is that you can arrange conversion yourself, anytime.
1. To do this, select Money from the main menu.
2. Click on Manage Currencies.
3. Select the foreign currency you want to hold and then click Add Currency.
A separate currency balance for Euros is now set up in your PayPal Business account.
And that’s it. You’re now ready to accept and manage international payments.
Frequently asked questions.
You can transfer some or all of your PayPal balance from one currency to another.
Here's how to convert your balance to another currency:
- Go to Money.  >
- Click on the right side of the balance you want to convert and click Convert currency.  >
- Enter the currency and the amount you want to convert to and click Next.  >
- Review the information and click Transfer.
- Click Currencies below your PayPal balance.  >
- From the dropdown menu, select the new currency you'd like to make primary and click Add Currency.  >
- Select the radio button next to the currency you're making primary and click Make Primary.
Please contact customer support for more information on how to request a limits increase for your PayPal Business Debit Mastercard:
- U.S. and Canada: (866) 888-6080  >
- International: (402) 935-2017
If you need a refund, please contact us. Make sure you have your eBay ID and the sold item number.
For more information on how to raise money for your charity by selling on eBay, visit eBay for Charity.
If you would like to contact us and don’t have a PayPal account, please click here and fill out the form so we can help you resolve your PayPal Giving Fund issues.