Business Resource Center
Grow your business
PayPal Mobile Checkout
- Customers are increasingly doing their shopping via mobile devices, meaning companies must optimize their websites and checkout flows for mobile devices.
- PayPal offers Mobile Express Checkout and Mobile PayPal Payments Standard for use on mobile devices.
- Both are optimized for smaller screens and touchpad keyboards.
- Mobile Express Checkout speeds up the checkout process via a mobile-optimized PayPal checkout page.
- Mobile PayPal Payments Standard uses a PayPal-hosted payment page to enter information and confirm order details.
- Customers benefit from faster load times, streamlined information entry, strong mobile security, and the convenience of on-the-go availability.
- PayPal will provide you with the necessary API code for implementation, and the platforms will automatically recognize what kind of device a customer is using and adjust accordingly.
- There are no initial setup costs or ongoing fees; you’ll only pay a small transaction fee when a customer pays you.
- Visit PayPal Mobile Checkout
Start Selling on Mobile Devices Now with PayPal Mobile Checkout
Your website is ready for the mobile world: It’s sleek, it’s streamlined, and it loads with no problem on a variety of handheld devices. But what about the checkout process – did you optimize that, too? And if not, how will you do it? Is it going to cost a lot in fees or man-hours?
Don’t panic – PayPal has your back. We offer mobile-optimized versions of our payment solutions to make the checkout process faster and smoother for your mobile customers. Sounds good, doesn’t it? Let’s dig in to PayPal’s mobile payment options, what they have to offer you, and why you should pull the trigger.
Mobile Express Checkout and Mobile PayPal Payments Standard
The mobile versions of PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Payments Standard were created to simplify the mobile checkout process for both you and your customers.
With Mobile Express Checkout, the mobile checkout experience is designed to offer faster checkouts for smaller screens and keyboards.
To pay through Mobile Express Checkout, the customer:
- Clicks Checkout with PayPal on your mobile site or from your app.
- Logs in to their PayPal account.
- Reviews the payment and shipping details.
- Confirms the order and submits the payment.
- Views the order confirmation on your mobile site or app.
What if your customer doesn’t have a PayPal account? No problem. They can enter their billing information to pay by a credit or debit card. You can also choose to shorten the process by eliminating your order review page after the customer enters their payment information and confirms the order with PayPal.
Once customers have submitted their payments through Mobile Express Checkout, the money usually shows up in your PayPal business account within minutes.
With Mobile PayPal Payments Standard, when customers are ready to check out, they proceed to your checkout page. From there, they can either log in to PayPal or pay with a debit or credit card. Regardless of which payment option they choose, they’re taken to a PayPal-hosted payment page, where they can log in to their PayPal account if they have one, review payment and shipping details, and commit to the payment, after which they see a confirmation page and then are returned to your website.
How do your customers benefit?
Both Mobile Express Checkout and Mobile PayPal Payments Standard make it easier and faster for your customers to pay for their purchases. Because the solutions are optimized for mobile devices, your customers won’t waste time waiting for pages to load or entering their personal information on pint-sized screens.
Your customers will also benefit from the security PayPal provides, so they can rest easy knowing that their billing information won’t fall into the wrong hands. And for customers who don’t currently have a PayPal account, they can always check out as a guest.
By integrating PayPal’s mobile payment solutions, your customers will enjoy simplicity, security, and availability, and that means they’ll be less likely to abandon their carts out of frustration with the payment process.
What does all this mean for you?
PayPal’s mobile solutions are obviously great for customers, but do they take a lot of extra work on your part? Are there fees? And will customers really choose to use PayPal on their mobile devices?
Well, for starters, PayPal’s mobile solutions are extremely easy for you to implement. PayPal provides the necessary API code to easily integrate Mobile Express Checkout and Mobile PayPal Payments Standard. Plus, the solutions will automatically detect what type of device your customer is using and then optimize the experience accordingly.
As for fees, there are no setup, subscription, or ongoing maintenance fees to use Mobile Express Checkout or Mobile PayPal Payments Standard. You only pay a low transaction fee when you get paid.
The biggest benefit to you is that your customers will be able to easily purchase your products from the device of their choice, and in an increasingly mobile world, that can mean huge sales for you. In fact, PayPal processed $4 billion worth of mobile transactions in 2011, and we expect to more than double that number in 2012. Optimizing your mobile site and your checkout flow takes the hassle out of clunky, non-optimized navigation and instead puts your customers on the fast track to getting what they came for.
There are more than 23 million active PayPal mobile users out there, and you can reach them by implementing PayPal’s mobile payment solutions. To get started, visit www.paypal.com/mobilecheckout