Important UPS shipping dates for the 2020 holiday season
Since shipping plays such a vital role in e-commerce, it’s important to choose a trusted, reliable carrier, like UPS. To show their commitment to small businesses like yours, UPS will not increase rates or apply Peak Season surcharges this holiday season when you open your UPS account through PayPal.
Below, we’ve listed UPS services and corresponding “ship by” dates for ensuring a package arrives by December 24th. Keep these dates in mind when you’re setting expectations for your customers. Be transparent about your shipping and handling costs, policies, timelines, and how you handle returns.
Please refer to UPS.com for the most up to date information.
Frequently asked questions.
If you've selected to do a Standard transfer to your bank account, it typically takes 1 business day, but it may take longer, depending on your bank's clearing process.
If you do a Standard transfer on a holiday, it will take an additional business day for the money to appear in your bank account. Here are the estimated timeframes:
|Cashout Day > > >||Monday > > >||Tuesday > > >||Wednesday > > >||Thursday > > >||Friday > > >||Saturday > > >||Sunday > >|
|Cashout Time-Before 7PM ET > > >||Tuesday > > >||Wednesday > > >||Thursday > > >||Friday > > >||Monday > > >||Tuesday > > >||Tuesday > >|
|Cashout Time-After 7 PM ET > > >||Wednesday > > >||Thursday > > >||Friday > > >||Monday > > >||Tuesday > > >||Tuesday > > >||Tuesday > >|
All transfers are subject to review and could be delayed or stopped if we identify an issue.
- It may take up to one week for your bank to notify us if there's a problem with the transfer.  >
- We’ll send you an email if we learn of any issues processing your transfer.
- Browse items.  >
- Select products for purchase.  >
- See shipping, taxes and any other costs before completing their purchase.
Shopping cart providers typically work with payment gateways and merchant services to process payments. When you choose a shopping cart with PayPal built in, it’s not only easy to set up, it also makes it easy to get paid.
Need a full ecommerce solution, including a web store?
Choose one of our highly recommended partners, who provide professionally designed website templates integrated with shopping carts:
Visit PayPal’s Partner Directory to browse more shopping carts, ecommerce solutions and other providers that work with PayPal.
Get a Shopping Cart
If you create a UPS or USPS shipping label but don't want it, you can void it. You have up to 24 for UPS and 48 hours for USPS to void label afer creating it.
Here's how to void a pending USPS or UPS shipping label.
- On the Summary or Activity page find the payment from the buyer which the label was created for.  >
- Click on the buyer's name.  >
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Void Label.  >
- Click Void Shipment.
When you click Void Shipment, we notify your buyer by email that you have canceled the shipment of their item. If you created more than one shipping label for an item, you must follow the above steps to void all excess labels for the shipment. It can take up to five days for the credit to appear in your PayPal or UPS account.
If it has been longer than 24 hours then the Void Label link will not be available. If the label is not used, a credit will be posted to your PayPal account within 5 days, and the "Pending" status will remain for five calendar days.
Here’s how to void one or more labels printed from PayPal Multi-Order Shipping:
- On the Summary page, click All Tools under "Tools" on the top of the page.  >
- Click Multi-Order shipping.  >
- Click Purchased labels.  >
- Click Void in the dropdown menu next to the transaction of the label which you want to void.
The estimated time you can expect to receive a credit (including postage and insurance costs) on your PayPal account after you void a USPS shipping label:
- 15 calendar days on shipping labels for Priority Mail, Express Mail, First-Class Mail Parcel, Express Mail International, and Priority Mail International.  >
- 21 calendar days on shipping labels for Media Mail and Parcel Select.
With PayPal Shipping, you can:
- Spend less time on shipping paperwork.  >
- Manage all of your PayPal shipments in one place.  >
- Prepare several packages to ship at the same time.  >
- Track packages that you post through PayPal.  >
- Customize and print packing slips to include with your shipments.  >
- Ship to nearly every location in the world.
To start using PayPal Shipping, click the Activity tab. Find the relevant transaction and click Print shipping label. Choose a shipping carrier and click Continue. Review the "Ship From" and "Ship To" addresses on the "Create Your Shipping Label" page and make any edits, if needed. Enter the required information under "Shipment Information" and "Shipment Options" and click Continue. Review your information for accuracy and click Pay and Continue. Click Print Label, which will appear in a separate pop-up window. After you print the label, you'll see "Label Completed."
If you need to update the address you’re shipping from, your shipping carrier preferences, return labels or other details, visit the PayPal Shipping Information page.
Your shipping rates are how much you charge customers to ship their items. For single items, you can use flat-rate shipping. When customers order more than one item, you can charge an incremental shipping fee.
For more complex shipping rates, you can use the PayPal Shipping Calculator. It sets your shipping rates based on order amount (monetary value), order weight or item quantity. You can also set profiles for different states or regions.
If you are looking for more information on how to ship internationally, click here.