PayPal: the digital payment option that helps more customers convert.
Frequently asked questions.
With PayPal, you can:
- Accept all types of payments, on almost any device. We’re built to help you accept cards, PayPal, PayPal Credit, and the latest digital wallets via your phone, tablet, laptop, or storefront – in 203 markets around the globe.  >
- Use our fastest, easiest checkout yet. Create a better buying experience with fewer screens and fewer clicks. Plus, customers choosing to pay with PayPal have a 44% higher checkout conversion than those using credit cards.  >
- Get credit for your business in minutes. You may be eligible to apply for a PayPal Working Capital business loan, giving you better cash flow with no credit check.  >
- Offer credit to your customers too. Help increase your online sales by giving your customers the flexibility to pay for purchases over time with PayPal Credit. Even though your customers get more time to pay, you still get paid in full upfront.  >
- Get set up quickly, plus get help from our live support when you need it. Integrating payments into your business is easy, and we’ll give you the help you need – from a real human.
See how PayPal works and get started:
How does it work?
With PayPal Checkout, your customers can complete transactions in just a few steps, using their shipping and billing information already stored securely at PayPal to check out so they don’t have to re-enter it on your site. When PayPal Checkout is configured with the default settings, customers must have a PayPal account to complete a payment.
PayPal Checkout is available to any merchant that has API access, and any customer with a PayPal account can use Checkout for their purchases. PayPal Checkout has many options that support many different checkout flows. See our Developer website for more information.
Instant Payment Notification is a message service that notifies you about updates to your PayPal transactions. You can use it to automate administrative functions, such as fulfilling orders, tracking shipments, and providing status updates.
Instant Payment Notifications can update you on the following items:
- Instant payments (including Checkout and direct credit card payments).  >
- eCheck payments.  >
- Pending payments.  >
- Recurring payments and subscriptions.  >
- Authorizations.  >
- Disputes, chargebacks, reversals, and refunds.
Instant Payment Notification is automatically included with PayPal Payment products, Checkout, and Standard Checkout.
To learn more about Instant Payment Notification, visit http://www.paypal.com/ipn/
If your code can be used in-store, tell the cashier you’re paying with a gift card. The cashier will either scan or key in the code to redeem it. We recommend printing the code if you can, as barcode scanners in some stores can’t scan from a mobile screen.
Not all self-checkout lanes accept gift card codes so we recommend going to an attended counter.
If your code can be used online, look for a gift card or voucher code option at checkout on the seller’s website or app.
Gift cards can’t be stored in the PayPal Wallet and automatically redeemed right now. Make sure you enter the code when making a purchase to ensure your gift card is applied.