PayPal: the digital payment option that helps more customers convert.
Frequently asked questions.
With PayPal, you can:
- Accept all types of payments, on almost any device. We’re built to help you accept cards, PayPal, PayPal Credit, and the latest digital wallets via your phone, tablet, laptop, or storefront – in 203 markets around the globe.  >
- Use our fastest, easiest checkout yet. Create a better buying experience with fewer screens and fewer clicks. Plus, customers choosing to pay with PayPal have a 44% higher checkout conversion than those using credit cards.  >
- Get credit for your business in minutes. You may be eligible to apply for a PayPal Working Capital business loan, giving you better cash flow with no credit check.  >
- Offer credit to your customers too. Help increase your online sales by giving your customers the flexibility to pay for purchases over time with PayPal Credit. Even though your customers get more time to pay, you still get paid in full upfront.  >
- Get set up quickly, plus get help from our live support when you need it. Integrating payments into your business is easy, and we’ll give you the help you need – from a real human.
See how PayPal works and get started:
As of August 2, 2021, we have updated our published rates in the United States to better align our pricing with the value that our products and services provide to merchants. This update only applies to our U.S. users and primarily applies to our merchants, although some updates apply to consumers as well. Notice of these updates was posted on our Policy Updates page on June 18, 2021. Some of the pricing changes include:
PayPal Digital Payments: For PayPal payment products (such as PayPal Checkout, Invoicing, Pay with Venmo, PayPal Credit, Pay in 4, PayPal Pay with Rewards, Checkout with crypto), which include Seller Protection on eligible transactions, the rate for online transactions is 3.49% + $0.49* per transaction. >
In-person Payments: PayPal and Venmo QR code: For PayPal and Venmo QR code transactions over $10, the rate is 1.90% + $0.10, and for such transactions $10 and under, the rate is 2.40% + $0.05. >  >
In-person Payments: PayPal Zettle: Effective June 30, 2021, for PayPal Zettle card present transactions, the rate is 2.29% + $0.09. For PayPal and Venmo QR code transactions accepted through the PayPal Zettle app, the rate is 2.29% + $0.09. For PayPal Zettle manual card entry transactions, the rate is 3.49% + $0.09. >  >
-  >  >
Standard Credit and Debit Card payments: Online credit and debit card transactions are 2.99% + $0.49* per transaction and includes Seller Protection on eligible transactions. Limits apply. >
Charity Transactions: Fees for receiving charity transactions are 1.99% + $0.49 for confirmed charities (subject to application and pre-approval). >
The above list does not include all pricing changes. To view all our current rates, go to our Merchant Fees page.
* Note that our fixed fees, which depend on the currency for the transaction, have changed as well.
How does it work?
With PayPal Checkout, your customers can complete transactions in just a few steps, using their shipping and billing information already stored securely at PayPal to check out so they don’t have to re-enter it on your site. When PayPal Checkout is configured with the default settings, customers must have a PayPal account to complete a payment.
PayPal Checkout is available to any merchant that has API access, and any customer with a PayPal account can use Checkout for their purchases. PayPal Checkout has many options that support many different checkout flows. See our Developer website for more information.
Instant Payment Notification is a message service that notifies you about updates to your PayPal transactions. You can use it to automate administrative functions, such as fulfilling orders, tracking shipments, and providing status updates.
Instant Payment Notifications can update you on the following items:
- Instant payments (including Checkout and direct credit card payments).  >
- eCheck payments.  >
- Pending payments.  >
- Recurring payments and subscriptions.  >
- Authorizations.  >
- Disputes, chargebacks, reversals, and refunds.
Instant Payment Notification is automatically included with PayPal Payment products, Checkout, and Standard Checkout.
To learn more about Instant Payment Notification, visit http://www.paypal.com/ipn/