PayPal: the digital payment option that helps more customers convert.
Frequently asked questions.
Getting started is easy!
- Simply create a PayPal account and link a payment method like your bank, credit, and/or debit cards.  >
- When you check out online at millions of sites, just look for the PayPal button.  >
- Log into PayPal and speed through checkout securely with just an email and password.
It’s easy to add credit, debit, and bank accounts to your digital wallet. Then when you click the PayPal button at checkout, you can choose any of them and skip entering your financial information. Paying online doesn’t get simpler.
With PayPal, you can:
- Accept all types of payments, on almost any device. We’re built to help you accept cards, PayPal, PayPal Credit, and the latest digital wallets via your phone, tablet, laptop, or storefront – in 203 markets around the globe.  >
- Use our fastest, easiest checkout yet. Create a better buying experience with fewer screens and fewer clicks. Plus, customers choosing to pay with PayPal have a 44% higher checkout conversion than those using credit cards.  >
- Get credit for your business in minutes. You may be eligible to apply for a PayPal Working Capital business loan, giving you better cash flow with no credit check.  >
- Offer credit to your customers too. Help increase your online sales by giving your customers the flexibility to pay for purchases over time with PayPal Credit. Even though your customers get more time to pay, you still get paid in full upfront.  >
- Get set up quickly, plus get help from our live support when you need it. Integrating payments into your business is easy, and we’ll give you the help you need – from a real human.
See how PayPal works and get started:
How does it work?
With PayPal Checkout, your customers can complete transactions in just a few steps, using their shipping and billing information already stored securely at PayPal to check out so they don’t have to re-enter it on your site. When PayPal Checkout is configured with the default settings, customers must have a PayPal account to complete a payment.
PayPal Checkout is available to any merchant that has API access, and any customer with a PayPal account can use Checkout for their purchases. PayPal Checkout has many options that support many different checkout flows. See our Developer website for more information.
Instant Payment Notification is a message service that notifies you about updates to your PayPal transactions. You can use it to automate administrative functions, such as fulfilling orders, tracking shipments, and providing status updates.
Instant Payment Notifications can update you on the following items:
- Instant payments (including Checkout and direct credit card payments).  >
- eCheck payments.  >
- Pending payments.  >
- Recurring payments and subscriptions.  >
- Authorizations.  >
- Disputes, chargebacks, reversals, and refunds.
Instant Payment Notification is automatically included with PayPal Payment products, Checkout, and Standard Checkout.
To learn more about Instant Payment Notification, visit http://www.paypal.com/ipn/