All refunds will be sent back to the payment method of your original payment. Money should be refunded in the currency you originally selected. If we're unable to refund you in the original currency, or your primary currency, you'll be refunded in US dollars (USD).
If you paid with your:
- Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.  >
- Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.  >
- PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance: your refund will go to your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance on the same day the refund was processed.  >
- PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance + credit card: your refund will go to both your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance and credit card. The refund to the balance will happen the same day it's processed; the refund to the card may take up to 30 days.  >
- Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.
If you don’t have a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account and you receive a refund for a payment sent with a bank account, you’ll have two options:
- Set up a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account to keep the money in the balance  >
- Withdraw the money to the bank account
Where can I find the refund status in my PayPal account?
Here's how to view the latest status of your refund:
- Click Activity near the top of the page.  >
- From the "All transactions" drop down menu, select Refunds.  >
- If needed, select the desired date range to see your refund.  >
- Click the refunded transaction to view the details.
Here are a few common refund statuses you may see:
- Pending: The refund is still processing from the sender's payment method. It usually takes 3-5 business days from the date the refund was issued for it to be completed and credited back to the original form of payment.  >
- Refunded or Partially Refunded: The refund is complete. The money has been credited to the original form of payment.  >
- Temporary hold: The transaction was refunded before it has cleared your bank. It'll take 3-5 business days for the money to clear your bank, and then the refund will be credited to your bank account.
If PayPal performed currency conversion for your transaction and a refund is issued:
- Within 1 day of the date of the original payment, PayPal’s transaction exchange rate (including a currency conversion spread) used at the time of the original payment will apply.  >
- Beyond 1 day of the date of the original payment, PayPal’s transaction exchange rate (including a currency conversion spread) on the date of the refund will apply.