PayPal BillPay Policy
|This Policy was last modified on February 7, 2003.|
- User Responsibilities
- Eligibility. In order to use PayPal's BillPay service, you must be a registered and Verified user of the PayPal service and a resident of the U.S. You must also agree to and abide by the Terms outlined in the User Agreement for the PayPal service.
- Sending Limits. BillPay transactions are subject to a daily sending limit of $2,500.00 USD. Users may not exceed this limit in any given 24 hour period. You may only use the BillPay service to send payments in U.S. Dollars.
- Correct Bill Information. You agree to provide the correct information with respect to all transactions initiated using BillPay, including the Zip code of the biller, your account number and the payment amount.
- Rights and Disclaimers of PayPal
- Processing. PayPal shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that requests for BillPay transactions and the related electronic debits and credits involving checking accounts, credit or debit cards are processed in a timely manner. A number of factors, however, several of which are outside of our control, will contribute to when your biller will credit your account. For this reason, we recommend that you schedule all BillPay transactions such that the estimated settlement date is at least three (3) business days before the actual due date of the bill. Although the estimated settlement date is shown to the users, we make no warranties regarding the amount of time needed to complete processing. PayPal shall not be liable for any actual or consequential damages arising from any claim of delay of BillPay transactions due to any number of reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- You do not have sufficient funds in your funding accounts (PayPal account, bank account) to complete the payment
- You have not provided the correct Biller information
- Circumstances outside of PayPal's control (including but not limited to fire, flood, delays in the banking system or interference from an outside force)
- Fees. PayPal BillPay is offered for free to all Verified PayPal users. Fees may be introduced in the future, but no changes will be made without advanced notification.