Business Resource Center
Grow your business
Put the power of financing to work for your business.
Large merchants have long offered financing because they know that increasing their customers’ buying power can help boost sales. But until now, smaller businesses haven’t been able to use this tactic, given the costs and potential risk associated with providing their own financing.
PayPal Credit changes all of that. It puts the power of consumer financing on your side – no matter how small your business. PayPal Credit gives your customers access to special financing offers like No Payments + No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99 or more. Subject to credit approval.1 It lets them get what they want, when they want it—and spread out the payments over time.
Even though your customers have more time to pay, you get paid in full, up front. There’s no extra charge for customer financing. PayPal Credit is free to offer and advertise to your customers and is already included in most PayPal payment solutions. You pay your normal transaction fee of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. Plus, payments usually show up in your PayPal Business account within minutes.
When your customers finance purchases with PayPal Credit, you don’t assume any credit risk or have to worry about billing customers and collecting their payments. So if a customer doesn’t pay, there’s no impact to your business or your account balance – PayPal won’t deduct the amount from your account to cover the loss.
Help boost sales and average order sizes.
With PayPal Credit can help boost sales and average order sizes. With more time to pay for their purchases, shoppers are more likely to:
- Complete their purchases: About 25% of PayPal Credit users say they wouldn’t have made their most recent purchase without PayPal Credit.2
- Spend more: PayPal Credit customers spent more on their orders when shopping at select small and medium-sized businesses. Some small and mid-size merchants saw up to 68% larger transaction sizes for customers using PayPal Credit compared to credit/debit.3
Promote PayPal Credit for maximum impact.
PayPal Credit is already built into your existing PayPal checkout. Let customers know it's available as a payment option. Knowing that they can pay over time can help persuade customers to choose your business over the competition. It's easy to do:
- Advertise with free banners ads. Place our free banner ads on your website, in your emails, and on your eBay store in a few minutes. We'll even provide recommendations on where to place them for maximum impact—such as your home page, product pages, and shopping cart page—anywhere shoppers make a purchase decision.
- Add the PayPal Credit payment button. When shoppers click the PayPal Credit button, they're taken directly to the payment page, saving several clicks to get them through checkout more quickly.
Set up in minutes.
Placing button and banner ads is as easy as copying and pasting a few lines of code onto your product and checkout pages, as well as in emails. Here’s how:
Go to http://financing.paypal.com and click the Get Started button in the middle of the page.
- Choose the banner ad you want to put on your website, and copy the code.
- Paste the code into your HTML page.
You decide where to place banner ads and which size to use. For the best results, make the ads easy for your customers to find and place them throughout your site as customers shop. To get the most out of your banner ads, place them on your:
- Home page, above the fold.
- Product pages, near the “add to cart” button.
- Shopping cart and/or order summary page.
- Top of your emails
Download your financing banners now at http://financing.paypal.com.
1Applicable for qualifying purchases of $99 or more if paid in full within 6 months. Customers check out with PayPal and use PayPal Credit. PayPal Credit is subject to consumer credit approval, as determined by the lender, Comenity Capital Bank.
2Study commissioned by PayPal and conducted by comScore Research. comScore online panel of 1 million desktop users in the US during Q3 2015.
3As reported in Nielsen’s PayPal Credit Average Order Value Study for activity occurring from April 2015 to March 2016 (small merchants) and October 2015 to March 2016 (midsize merchants), which compared PayPal Credit transactions to credit and debit card transactions on websites that offer PayPal Credit as a payment option or within the PayPal Wallet. Nielsen measured 284890 transactions across 27 mid and small merchants. Copyright Nielsen 2016.