How do I add money to my PayPal balance?
Adding money to your PayPal account is quick and easy.
You can link a bank account or use PayPal CASH® to add funds to your PayPal account:
- Click Transfer Money below your PayPal balance.
- Click Add money to your balance.
- Select your bank and enter the amount you want to transfer and click Add.
You can use your PayPal Cash Card at more than 85,000 retail locations nationwide to load cash to your PayPal account including CVS, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Walgreens and Wal-Mart. PayPal doesn't charge a fee for this service. However, the retailer may charge a fee to complete the transaction, which varies by retailer. Please ask the cashier for the fee amount.
- To get started visit one of the participating retailers, give your cash to the clerk. The clerk will swipe your card at the terminal to load funds to your PayPal account.
- You will receive a push notification on your phone (if enabled), and an email confirming the cash has been added to your balance.
If you’re unable to add money to your PayPal balance at this time, it could be because:
- There is a limitation placed on your account. Find out possible reasons for this limitation.
- You may need to first verify your identity. Find out the benefits of PayPal’s Customer Identification Program (CIP).
- In some situations, Transfer money is not available. If you receive an error message, this feature may not be available for you at this time. You can either try adding money with PayPal CASH, or sending your money directly to the recipient using a bank account or a debit/credit card.
If you haven’t received the transfer to your PayPal account a full week after you requested it, contact Customer Service.