How long does it take to add money from my bank?
It usually takes 3-5 business days to transfer money from your linked bank account to your PayPal balance. The money is removed from your bank account and the transaction is verified and processed through the Federal Reserve's ACH (Automated Clearing House) before being released to PayPal.
However, you can add money to your PayPal account from your Visa or Mastercard Debit Card in seconds.
Here’s how to add money to your PayPal balance on the web at PayPal.com:
- Go to your Wallet.
- Click Transfer Money.
- Choose "Add money from your bank or debit card.' Enter the amount.
- Choose either 'In seconds with debit' or 'in 3-5 days with your bank'.
Here’s how to add money to your PayPal balance on the PayPal app:
- Tap Add Money beside your balance.
- Select 'From your bank or debit card.'
- Enter the amount.
- Choose either ‘In seconds with debit’ or ‘in 3-5 days with your bank.’
There are daily, weekly, and monthly limits on the amounts you can transfer to your PayPal balance from your bank.
Here’s how to see when the money will be in your account:
- Go to your Activity.
- Click the transfer in question.
Did you know that you don't need to add money to your PayPal account to make a payment? Just link a debit or credit card, or a bank to your PayPal account. Confirm it, and choose it at the checkout.
To pay instantly with your bank account, you’ll need to link a debit or credit card to your PayPal account as a backup. We’ll only charge the card if we're unable to debit your bank account for the payment.