Does PayPal offer different types of accounts?
We offer two types of accounts to meet all of your needs. Choose from a Personal or Business account.
If you just need to make purchases and send money to family and friends, a Personal account is probably for you.
You can use a Personal account to:
- Repay a friend for your share of lunch.
- Send money as a gift.
- Buy a book online.
We recommend Business accounts for online merchants who operate under a company or group name.
With a Business account, you can:
- Operate under your company or business name.
- Accept debit card, credit card, and bank account payments for a low fee.
- Allow up to 200 employees limited access to your account.
- Sign up for PayPal products that meet your business needs, such as PayPal Checkout.
- Set up a separate email address for your customer service issues.
PayPal is free when you make purchases and when you send money from your bank account or PayPal balance. If you use a credit or debit card to send money, a fee applies. The sender decides who pays the fee. If you use your PayPal account to request money from someone, you'll be charged a fee when you receive the payment. Additional fees apply when you receive money from someone outside of the United States.