How do I escalate a dispute to a claim?
If you’re unable to resolve your dispute, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. We will review the case and decide the outcome.
Here’s how to escalate a dispute to a claim:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Center under "More about your account."
- Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
- Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
- Follow the instructions.
- Click Escalate to a claim.
You can escalate to a claim any time within 20 calendar days of the date the dispute was opened. A dispute will automatically close if it isn’t escalated to a claim within 20 days. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim.
We will try to make a decision within 30 days, and will contact you if we need additional information. To check the status of your claim, log in to your account and visit the Resolution Center.
You were logged out to help protect your account.