Can I create a shipping label to return a purchase to the seller?
Yes. If you want to return an item you purchased with PayPal – and the seller accepts returns – you can create and purchase a return shipping label.
Before creating the label, ask the seller what the return and refund requirements are. Once you create the label, your PayPal account is charged for the label fee.
To create a return shipping label:
- Click the payment either on your Summary or Activity page.
- Click the Return Shipping Label link.
- Complete the form and click Continue.
- Make sure the information is correct and click Pay and Continue. Your PayPal account is charged for the label.
- Click Print in the return label pop-up window.
A confirmation email, including a tracking number, is sent to you and the seller.
If you choose a different carrier for your return shipping label, you'll need to re-enter your address and shipment information. You can create one return label per transaction.
Please note: If you do not see a Return Shipping Label link on the Details page, use PayPal's Multi-order Shipping Tool to create your return label.
Here's how to locate this tool:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Multi-order Shipping on Account Overview. This will open the Multi-order Shipping page.
You were logged out to help protect your account.