Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?
We may hold payments for a variety of reasons, based on the activity of the account. Check your account for specific reasons as to why we are holding your payment and to learn how you can release it.
Here are a few examples of why we may place payments on hold:
- You’re a new seller with PayPal or an established seller who opened a new account. New PayPal sellers can take time to build positive reputations.
- You haven’t sold in a while and are still building a positive seller reputation.
- Multiple customers reported problems or requested refunds.
- Your selling pattern appears to have changed or seems unusual.
- You’re selling higher-risk items such as event tickets, consumer electronics, travel packages, or gift cards.