You can load money easily to your PayPal Cash Plus account at select retailers with a small fee. All you need to do is generate a barcode in your PayPal app, and show it in the retail store along with your cash. You can usually add any amount from $20 to $500 per barcode. The money will be added to your account in just 15 minutes.
Here’s how to add cash from your PayPal app:
- Tap More at the bottom of the home screen.
- Tap Add cash.
- You'll be asked to set up a PayPal Cash Plus account (if you don't have a PayPal Cash Plus account already).
- Select a retailer, and tap Generate Barcode.
- Bring the barcode on your smartphone to your selected retail store, along with the amount of cash you want to add.
- The merchant will scan your barcode to load money into your PayPal Cash Plus account.
- A service fee of $3.95 will apply to your account when you add cash at a store. Generating barcodes in the app is free of charge.