What is my preferred payment method and how can I change it?
Your preferred payment method is the funding source that will be used when paying with PayPal. You can select your preferred payment method in your Wallet, and change it at any time.
Changing your preferred payment method on your PayPal account will not affect the payment method you selected for your billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments.
***IMPORTANT: Billing agreement purchases do not necessarily pull from your account preferred payment method. For each individual billing agreement, you'll have to manually select which payment method you want to use. So, if the incorrect payment method is charged during a billing agreement purchase and you'd like to request a refund, please contact the seller. To avoid this from happening, please ensure to update your payment method preference on billing agreements, subscriptions, or recurring payments.
From your computer, here's how to change your preferred payment method:
- Click Wallet.
- Select your payment method from the left side of the page.
- Click Set as preferred.
From your PayPal app, here's how:
- Tap the Settings icon at the top right.
- Select Payment Preferences.
- Tap Online purchases to see which payment method is your preferred one (it will have a check mark next to it).
- To change it, simply tap the new payment method.
If you don’t have enough money in your preferred payment method, we'll ask you to choose a different payment method at checkout.
Before sending a payment, please ensure the payment method you want is the one selected. More about payment preferences.
- If you have PayPal Smart Connect, a PayPal Plus Mastercard, a PayPal Debit Mastercard, or an eBay Mastercard, you can make that your preferred payment method.
- Once a payment has been sent to another PayPal account, the payment method cannot be changed.