Why is the payment I sent pending? What if I want to cancel it?
You can usually cancel payments that are in a pending or unclaimed status. You can only cancel a pending payment that has a "Cancel" link next to it. If the payment you sent is pending for 30 days, it will be canceled automatically and refunded to you. In most cases your refund will be sent back to the original funding source.
- To cancel an order, contact the merchant to discuss cancelation options or request a refund.
- If the payment is completed, you won’t be able to cancel it. You’ll need to contact the recipient (or seller) to request a refund.
- If the recipient doesn’t agree to refund your money, you may be able to open a dispute in the Resolution Center, where you'll be able to communicate directly with the recipient/seller and try to resolve any issues.
From your PayPal app, here's how to cancel a pending payment:
- Tap See Activity.
- Select the payment you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel Payment.
From your computer, here's how:
- On the Activity page, locate the pending payment.
- Click Cancel under the pending payment.
- Click Cancel Payment.