What is PayPal CASH® and how do I use it?
PayPal CASH® is a new feature that allows you to load money to your PayPal account at select retailers.
- Log into your PayPal account, select Add Money** and click PayPal CASH® Add money at a Store which redirects to https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ppcash.
- Select a retailer and we’ll make a custom barcode for you
- Print or get the barcode on your smartphone and bring it to the register (along with your cash). A $3.95 service fee applies. The mobile barcode will expire in one hour. The print barcode will expire after 48 hours.
- TIP for mobile users: Wait until you are at the retail location to generate your barcode on your phone. Once a barcode is generated on your mobile phone, it will expire after one hour, and you will have to create a new one. If you accidentally close or refresh your barcode page, you’ll have to generate a new barcode.
If you opt to receive a text message:
- Click on the link provided in the text message. If you’re not receiving the text with the code, you may need to contact your mobile phone carrier and ask them to turn on short-code text.
- When you get to the register, select the "Click at the register" button.
- The barcode will be displayed on your mobile device and will not need to be printed.
There is a service fee of $3.95 that is applied to your PayPal account when you use PayPal CASH®.
PayPal CASH® is also available through the PayPal App.