How do I report unauthorized PayPal account activity?
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a Problem.
- Click the transaction you want to report and click Continue.
- Select "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize."
- Follow the steps to report the transaction.
Once you have filed an unauthorized transaction dispute, we'll investigate the transaction. You'll receive an email within 10 days to provide you additional information.
Have you pre-approved any payments? Check your pre-approved payments
Be sure to check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past. If the transaction has already completed you can request a refund on the transaction.
Here's how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address.
- Click Cancel.
You were logged out to help protect your account.