How do I remove the limitation from my account?
Before you start
If your account is limited, it means that you won’t be able to do certain things with your PayPal account. For example, you might not be able to send or withdraw money.
Usually, we ask you to complete one or more tasks to remove your account limitation. For your convenience, we always list the steps to remove the limitation in the Resolution Center under Steps to Remove Limitation.
If you received an email stating that your account is limited, but don't see any steps in the Resolution Center, you may have received a fake email. Forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password.
If all the steps are completed and your account remains limited, it means one of 2 things:
- We've sent you an email asking for more information, or
- We're reviewing your case, and we'll email you with our decision, usually within 3 business days.
We will notify you by email of our decision.
What to do
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Notifications button beside the Settings icon at the top of the page. If you can't see a Notifications button, go to your Resolution Center.
- On the Resolution Center, scroll down to the "Begin a limitation review" section.
- Click the first Resolve button and follow the instructions provided. Note: If one of the steps involves confirming your location, be sure to select a landline number where we can call you. We cannot use your cell phone number to confirm your location.
- Repeat step 3 for each item in the "Begin a limitation review" section.
- After you complete the steps, we will evaluate your case. We try to resolve all cases within 3 business days.
If you complete the steps and we ask you for more information by email, please respond as soon as possible so we can resolve your case.
You were logged out to help protect your account.