How do I split a bill using PayPal?
The PayPal Bill Split feature helps you easily split costs between friends and family. You can split a bill within your PayPal account or on certain partner sites.
Here’s how to request to split a bill from your PayPal account:
- Click Pay & Get Paid at the top of the page.
- Click Get Paid.
- Type in whom you want to split with, and click Next.
- Click Split a bill, and enter the amount.
- We'll generate a money request for each of the people you've chosen.
To request to split a bill on the app:
- Tap Request.
- Scroll down and tap Split the bill.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Tip: You can split the cost of existing transactions and transactions you haven't made yet. You may see the words "Split this" in your activity when splitting a bill is available.
You can also split a bill on select partner websites, like Fandango.com. As soon as your checkout is complete, you can send a money request to the people that will share the cost with you. Each person will receive an email with a Pay Now button, making it simple for them to pay you back.
Here's how to split a payment on the supported partner site:
- Select PayPal at checkout and log in to your PayPal account.
- Select or add friends you'd like to split your bill with, and click Next.
- Review the details, and click Request Money.