Introducing the PayPal Dispute Resolution Process
|Managing an online business keeps you busy. When problems arise – delayed despatch from your suppliers or emails getting blocked by spam filters – you need to know you can resolve customer complaints quickly.|
Communication is key.
With the new PayPal Dispute Resolution process, buyers and sellers post messages to each other, working together to solve transaction problems before they escalate to claims.
Here's how it works:
- Your buyer clicks "open a dispute" in the Resolution Centre.
- There, they can read customer services messages you’ve posted about delivery delays or other issues. Often, this stops the dispute before it begins.
- If the buyer pursues the dispute, they describe their concerns online.
- You’re notified of the new dispute by email and on your account overview page.
- You and the buyer communicate directly on the PayPal site. If you don’t respond, the buyer may escalate the issue to a claim.
- If a dispute is not escalated to a claim within 20 days, it is closed automatically.
- If the dispute remains unresolved, the buyer can escalate the dispute to a claim and PayPal will review the case.
Learn more – view the guide
Sell successfully with PayPal.
PayPal wants to help keep your online business profitable. If you ever experience a transaction problem, sign in to the PayPal Resolution Centre to get it resolved fast.
|PayPal Dispute Resolution pays. If you resolve a dispute amicably through PayPal Dispute Resolution or win a PayPal claim, you're protected against any chargeback the buyer's credit card company later issues for that transaction.|
You must honour agreements made with the buyer during the dispute resolution process to be covered. If the chargeback comes in before the dispute or claim is resolved, you will not be covered.
|The PayPal Dispute Resolution area provides a handy place to post customer service messages to all your buyers – such as "deliveries to Ireland are currently delayed because of a postal strike." These notices can help prevent the misunderstandings that lead to claims.|
Post a message