What should I do if my account is limited?
If your account is limited, it means that you won’t be able to do certain things with your PayPal account. For example, you might not be able to send or withdraw money.
Usually, we ask you to complete one or more tasks to remove your account limitation. For your convenience, all the tasks are in a Steps to Remove Limitation list in the Resolution Center.
To remove the limitation from your account:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolution Center at the top of the page and look for the Steps to Remove Limitation list.
- Click the first Resolve button and follow the instructions provided. Note: If one of the steps involves confirming your location, be sure to select a landline number where we can call you. We cannot use your cell phone number to confirm your location.
- Repeat step 3 for each item in the Steps to Remove Limitation list.
- After you complete the steps, we will evaluate your case. We try to resolve all cases within 3 business days.
If you’ve completed the suggested steps and your account is still limited, it means one of 2 things:
- We need more information, and we've sent you an email asking for it, or
- We're reviewing the information you provided and we'll email you with an update (usually within 3 business days).
If you’ve completed the requested actions in the Resolution Center, and have waited a few days, but you haven’t gotten a reply from PayPal, contact customer service by clicking Contact Us at the bottom of any page.
We will notify you by email of our decision.