Help Center answers
Where are my eBay payments, and what happens if they are sent to the wrong email address?
If your eBay payments are sent to the wrong email address, or if they have not posted to your PayPal account, please check the following:
- Is your email address in eBay's Sell Your Item (SYI) form correct?
- Did you enter an extra space or period after your email address?
- Was the email address that is registered to your eBay's account recently changed, but was not changed on your PayPal account?
- Did you recently change the email address on your PayPal account, but did not on eBay's SYI form?
- Is the email address you provided to your third-party lister incorrect?
- Find the item you sold and click "Sell one like this" under Additional Options.
- Go to the "Decide how you'd like to be paid" section which will display the email address that was used in the listing.
Here are some more tips:
- If you found the payment was sent to an old email address, try to re-add that address to your PayPal account. Once it's added, you should receive the payment. You can then remove the old email address and correct the address in the sell your item form.
- If you used a third party to list your items, open the program or contact the customer support of the third party to change the email address you provided.
- If you can’t view the email address in your completed listing, contact eBay to determine which email address was used.
To make corrections to your current listing, visit the help link on any eBay page.
Keep in mind you must use the official Relist feature to receive the Insertion Fee credit.