Help Center answers
How do I know if an email is really from PayPal?
If you think you received a fake PayPal email or have come across a fake (spoof) PayPal website, please report it to us immediately.
How to identify fake emails:
- Emails from PayPal will always address you by your first and last names or by your business name. We never say things like "Dear user" or "Hello PayPal member."
- Our emails don’t link directly to pages that ask you to enter sensitive information like your bank account, credit card, and national identification or Social Security numbers.
If you think you received a fake PayPal email or have come across a fake PayPal website, please report it to us immediately.
- Do not change the subject line and do not forward the message as an attachment.
- Forward the email to email@example.com.
- Delete the email from your inbox.
Every email counts. By forwarding a suspicious-looking email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you've helped keep yourself and others safe from identity theft.