How do I change the way I pay for a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing or instalment plan?
When you send money for preapproved payments such as a recurring payment, subscription, automatic billing or instalment plan, the money is first taken from your PayPal balance. If you don’t have any funds in your PayPal balance, it is taken from your backup funding source. If your preferred backup funding source fails (for example, a credit or debit card expires), we’ll use other available funding sources within your PayPal account.
Here’s how to change your backup funding source for preapproved payments:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page.
- Click My money.
- Click Update in the My preapproved payments section.
- Click the name of the merchant for the agreement you want to change.
- Click Change beside Backup Funding Source in the Funding Source section.
- Select the payment method you’d like to use and click Save.
You can disable funding sources for your recurring payment. If you have one or more credit or debit cards linked to your PayPal account, then at least one of those cards must be enabled for billing.