How do I issue a refund?
Please enter a question or topic.
You can issue a full refund or partial refund up to 60 days after you receive a payment.
Here’s how to refund a payment:
- Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
- Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.
- Click ‘Issue refund’ next to the payment you want to refund.
- For ‘Refund amount,’ enter the amount to you want to refund, then click ‘Continue.’
- Review the information, then click ‘Issue Refund.’
- You can refund a payment when its status is ‘Completed,’ ‘Pending,’ or ‘Processed.’
- There is no fee to refund a payment.
- When you refund a payment, we refund your original transaction fees.
- The refund is paid from your PayPal account balance. If you don’t have enough money in your PayPal balance to cover the payment, we use another type of confirmed payment method.