What are the payment types when I send money?
You can send money to make a purchase or to make a personal payment to someone. As of October 31, 2016, you will be able to select a preferred funding method for payments made through the regular checkout process as well as Goods and Services via Send Money. You will also have the option to select a different preferred method for online purchases vs. in-store purchases.
If you’re making a purchase, there are 2 payment types:
- Goods - Select this payment type when you’re paying for something that you didn’t buy on eBay.
- Services - Use this payment type when your purchase is not a product but a service (for example, work performed for you by someone else)
When you make a purchase, the seller pays a small fee to receive your money.
If you’re sending a personal payment, payment types include:
- Gift - Select this payment type when you’re sending money as a gift for a birthday or other special occasion.
- Payment Owed - Use this payment type for things like reimbursing a friend for your share of a restaurant check, or repaying money that a family member loaned you.
- Cash Advance - Select this payment type when the money you’re sending isn’t for the purchase of goods or services. (Remember that your card issuer may charge a fee for cash advances.)
- Living Expense - Use this payment type when you need to pay regular, recurring expenses like rent or utilities.
- Other - Select this payment type for anything that’s not covered by another payment type.
You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free. Just make sure that you pay for the entire payment using your PayPal balance or bank account. You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free. Just make sure that you pay for the entire payment using your PayPal balance or bank account. There is a small charge for payments made with a debit or credit card.
Note: We’re currently unable to allow personal payments to or from India.
You were logged out to help protect your account.