PayPal hold funds for a variety of reasons, based on the activity of the account. Check your account
for the specific reasons as to why we are holding your money and to learn how you can release it.
The below are a few examples of why we may hold funds:
1. You’re a new seller with PayPal or you’re an established seller but have opened a new account.
• If you’ve a new PayPal account, it can take time to build up a positive reputation as a seller.
2. You haven’t sold in a while.
• When your selling activity has been dormant for a long time, it will take time to rebuild a positive reputation as a seller.
3. Multiple customers reported problems or requested refunds.
• We recommend working with your customers to solve any problems.
4. Your selling pattern appears to have changed or seems unusual.
• Unusual selling patterns include: an unexpected surge in sales, a change in business type, a change in average selling price or type of item being sold.
5. You’re selling higher risk items.
• Higher risk items can include event tickets, consumer electronics, travel packages and gift cards.