How do I report an unauthorized transaction or account activity?
If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorize, let us know right away in the Resolution Center. Some charges may appear unfamiliar but are legitimate and authorized, learn more.
Before filing a case, make sure the suspicious activity wasn't from a family member using your account or from a recurring payment, such as a subscription.
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Click Report a Problem.
- Select the transaction you want to report and click Continue.
- Select "I want to report unauthorized activity."
- Follow the steps to report the transaction.
After you provide more information, we prompt you to change your password and security questions to help protect you from further unauthorized activity.
Once you have filed an unauthorized transaction dispute, we'll investigate the transaction. You'll receive an email within 10 days.
Have you pre-approved any payments? Check your pre-approved payments
Be sure to check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past. If the transaction has already completed you can request a refund on the transaction.
Here's how to check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements.
- Click Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Payments.
- Click Manage pre-approved payments.
- Select the merchant's name or email address.
- Click Cancel.