How do I send money?
With PayPal, you can send money or make a payment to anyone with an email address or mobile number.
From your computer, here’s how to send money:
- Click Send & Request at the top of the page.
- Enter the recipient’s name, PayPal username, email address or mobile number and click Next.
- Enter the amount, choose the currency, add a note (if needed) and click Continue.
- Select either "Paying for an item or service" or "Sending to a friend.”
- Select how you want to pay and click Next.
- Review the information and click Send Payment Now.
- Tap Send near the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the recipient’s name, PayPal username, email or mobile number.
- Enter the amount, choose the currency, add a note (if needed) and tap Next.
- Select either "Friends and Family” or “Goods and Services” and tap Next.
- Select how you want to pay and tap Next.
- Review the information and tap Send.
- Once you send money, you are not able to cancel or reverse the transaction. Please check the details of this transaction carefully before sending the payment.
- If you’re buying something, select “Paying for an item or service" or "Goods and Services." When you make a purchase, the seller pays a small fee to receive your money.
- If you’re sending money to a friend or family member, select “Sending to a Friend" or "Friends and Family." You can make a personal payment to anyone in the U.S. for free if you use your bank account, PayPal cash account or PayPal Cash Plus account. If you use a debit or credit card, there will be a small charge for your payment.
- If you make a mistake, including sending the wrong amount or selecting the wrong payment type ("Sending to a friend” versus “Paying for an item or service”), you’ll need to contact the recipient to request a refund. Please note that the recipient can only issue a refund using the PayPal website. If you selected “Paying for an item or service” but are sending money to a friend or family member, you’ll need to confirm receipt of the item before the recipient can issue a refund to you.