How do I send a payment in another currency?
The primary currency of your PayPal account is the default payment currency unless you choose to use another currency.
To send money in a different currency:
- Go to Send & Request.
- Enter the email address, mobile number or name of the recipient and click Next.
- Enter the amount, choose the currency (below the entered amount), and add a note if needed.
- Click Continue.
- If you want to change the payment method, under "Payment Method," click Change.
- Review the details you've entered and click Send Money Now to complete your transaction.
- If you choose PayPal, we can show you the conversion rate at the time of the transaction
- If you choose the credit card association currency conversion, your card issuer will determine the foreign exchange rate to apply to the transaction. You will not be informed of the foreign exchange rate or any additional foreign exchange fees applied until you are billed by your card issuer
- American Express payments are always charged in US Dollars.
Note: If you’re sending money for a personal payment to India, we ask that you find another way to pay until we’re able to restore personal payments to this area.