Send a refund for a purchase
You can send refunds within 60 days of receiving a payment. Refunds are available only for transactions involving the purchase of goods and services.
You can send a full or partial refund.
When you issue a full refund, your original transaction fee is credited back to you minus a thirty cent processing fee. When issuing partial refunds, a portion of the fee is returned to you.
1. Log into your PayPal account
2. Click the History subtab.
3. Find the purchase payment you would like to refund and click Details.
4. Click the Issue Refund link.
5. Enter the refund amount and click Submit.
6. Confirm the amount and click Submit.
For more information, download our PayPal Payments Standard Integration Guide.