What is proof of shipment?
At the very least, your documentation must include:
- The date the item was sent; and
- An official acceptance by the shipper, such as a postmark or online status. (Status that shows the item was delivered is also acceptable.)
It must also include either:
- The recipient’s delivery address, showing at least the state, city and postcode (or international equivalent); or
- A receipt from Australia Post showing at least the recipient’s suburb, city or postcode (or international equivalent).
Examples of proof of shipping include:
- A copy of the shipping receipt or shipping label that includes the delivery address, or
- For Australia Post eParcel customers, a copy of the consignment information page which shows the delivery address and the online tracking code that can be used to confirm delivery, or
- A shipping code PayPal can use online to view the shipping status and delivery address. You can get this from TNT, DHL, FedEx, Skippy Post and other carriers, or
- A receipt issued by the carrier, signed by the recipient acknowledging delivery.