If a buyer files a claim, we’ll place a temporary hold on the funds.
We’ll ask you to provide proof of shipment.
We’ll remove the hold once we’ve confirmed the transaction’s eligible.
A world of opportunities
Stay safe from fraud
Keep more of your profits
Ship it right.
Every claim is your time and money lost. To make sure your sales qualify, generally all we need is proof of shipment (evidence the item was shipped to the buyer’s address listed on the transaction details page). We recommend using a shipping service that supports door-to-door tracking that’s viewable online.
What’s not safeguarded?
- Local pickups or deliveries made in person.
- Digital goods, tickets, travel, gift vouchers, services, intangible items (items that can’t be held or shipped) or vehicles.
- Claims arising from items being significantly different to how you described them.
- Personal payments.
- Payflow and Virtual Terminal transactions.
- Email payments (but PayPal Invoices are protected).
- Direct card payments through Website Payments Pro – Hosted Solution.
- Credit or debit card payments with PayPal Here.
- Transactions completed outside of eBay using “Account Optional” where the buyer does not log in to their PayPal account. (You can turn this off for buyers in your PayPal account under “My selling tools”.)