What kind of documentation can I provide to remove my account limitation?
If your account is limited, we may ask you to provide documentation to help us verify you or your business. This may include documents to provide your identity, address, a recent name change, or business documents. You can find a list of requested documents in the Resolution Center.
Before sending us anything, please be sure that your document:
- is legible.
- shows all four corners of the page.
- does not have information blocked or blacked out.
- matches the information on your PayPal account.
Proof of identity
The following is a list of acceptable documents you may provide:
- Government issued ID, such as a driver's license or passport
- Employment authorization card
- Permanent resident card
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:
- Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
- Bank, credit card, or financial statement
- Cell phone bill
- Marriage certificate
- Certificate of divorce
- Name change certificate
- Certificate of commitment
- Articles of incorporation
- Current business license
- Any business documents/forms approved by and filed with the business's governing state