What is the Cash a Check service in the PayPal app?
Cash a Check service in the PayPal app allows you to cash checks and have them credited to your PayPal Cash Plus account, using the PayPal app on your mobile device. You simply take a picture of the check you want to cash, and send it to us for review. If your check is approved, you have the option to pay a fee and get your money credited to your PayPal Cash Plus account in minutes, or if you don’t need the money immediately, you can get your money in 10 days with no fee, if the check is not returned unpaid.
Here’s how to cash a check from your PayPal app:
2. Tap Cash a check (we'll ask to for permission to access your location and camera).
3. You'll be asked to set up a PayPal Cash Plus account (if you don't have a PayPal Cash Plus account already).
4. Enter the check amount, take a picture of the front and back of your endorsed check with your mobile device and tap Next.
5. Select how quickly you want to have access to your money and click Confirm.
7. If your check is approved, you’ll be prompted to write “VOID” across the front of your check and submit another photo showing it has been voided. Do not write “VOID” on your check until you are prompted to do so, after you receive confirmation that your check was approved.