I am getting an error when I try to link my credit or debit card. Why?
If you've tried to link your credit or debit card to your PayPal account, but received an error message, it may be because:
- The billing address you've entered for your PayPal account is different than the one on your card statement.
- A card can only be linked to one PayPal account at a time.
- Your card company did not accept the $1.00 authorization sent by PayPal when you attempted to add the card.
- You linked your card to your PayPal account, but entered the card security code (CSC) incorrectly 3 times.
- You have 8 linked cards on your account.