How do I view my refund status?
A refunded payment will go back to its original source, such as a credit/debit card, bank account, PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance.
- Credit or debit card: It can take up to 30 days for a refund to appear on your card statement, but it usually arrives much sooner. If your card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund.
- Bank account: It may take up to 5 business days for the refund to arrive in your bank account.
- PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance: Within 24 hours.
Common refund statuses:
Pending: Your refund has been issued, but the bank is still processing it. It can take up to 5 business days for your refund to clear the bank.
Temporary hold or Held: Your refund was issued before the original payment cleared from your bank. It can take up to 5 business days for the refund to complete.
To check the status of your refund:
- Go to your Activity.
- Click Filters, then select Refunds from the drop-down menu.
- Select the desired date range to see your refund.
- Click the refunded transaction to view the details.