How do I import my certificate into the Windows key store?
If you're using the .NET SDK, you must grant the ASP.NET user permission to access your P12 public certificate.
- Use the C utility, which you can download from the MSDN website (http://msdn.microsoft.com).
- Enter a command similar to the following. You'll need admin rights on your computer to complete this task.
WinHttpCertCfg -i mycert.p12 -p certpassword -c LOCAL_MACHINE\my -a aspnet
- "mycert.p12" is the PayPal-issued digital certificate you've converted to PKCS12 format.
- "certpassword" is the private key password you specified when you converted it.
- If you're using Windows 2003 Server, replace "aspnet" with "IIS_WPG"
- If you're using Windows 2003 Server with ASP Classic, replace "aspnet" with "Network Service" and include the double quotes.
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Tech Center
Understanding Built-In User and Group Accounts in IIS 7