How do I close my PayPal account?
Please reconsider! If there's a chance that you might want to use PayPal in the future, it's a good idea to keep your account open. There's no fee to keep your account open. If you want to close your account because you don't recognize a transaction, please open an unauthorized transaction dispute.
Before you close your account, make sure to withdraw any money you keep in your PayPal account. You can transfer money electronically to your bank account or ask us to send a check. (There's a $1.50 charge to send a check.) If you have an email address on your account that you haven't confirmed, remove it from your account before you close it.
You can't close your account if there are limitations, unresolved issues, or a balance. Here's how to close your PayPal account:
- Click Settings next to "Log Out."
- Click Close your account under "Account options."
- Enter your bank account number if requested.
- Click Close Account.
- Any unpaid money requests are automatically canceled.
- You lose any unused redemption codes or coupons.