Can I change my reason for filing a dispute or claim?
Yes. You can change your reason if you originally filed a dispute because you didn’t receive your item, and then received the item but found it to be different from the description.
- Go to the Resolution Center.
- Select Open Cases.
- Find your case and click View from the Action column.
- If you haven't escalated to a claim yet, click Change your reason for this dispute.
- If you've already escalated to a claim, click Change your reason for this claim.
- Follow the instructions provided.
By changing the dispute reason, you automatically escalate the dispute to a claim. This means that you're asking PayPal to review your case and decide whether you're eligible for a refund. We reach a decision in most cases within 30 days.