How do I confirm my bank account with PayPal?
You need to confirm your bank account before you can use it to make payments.
We'll ask you to instantly confirm your bank if your bank is enrolled in this program. You can link your bank account instantly by entering your bank login details. We immediately verify with your bank they're correct and we confirm your bank.
Alternatively, you can request that we deposit up to 2 random amounts into your bank account by selecting to Link your bank another way.
Here's how to confirm your bank account instantly:
- Go to your Wallet.
- Click the bank account you want to confirm.
- If available, you’ll see the instant bank confirmation on the next screen.
If you enter your bank account number manually, we’ll prompt you to confirm this bank account. Within 3 business days, check your bank statement for 2 small deposits (each between $0.01 and $0.99 USD) that we sent. You can also contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. Then you can enter these amounts in your PayPal account to finish confirming this bank account.
To confirm a bank you've linked on the web:
- Go to Wallet.
- Click the bank you want to confirm.
- Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account. For example, if you receive two deposits of $.05 and $.15, enter .05 and .15 on the screen.
- Click Submit.
Notes about the 2 small deposits:
- If you don't see the 2 small deposits in your bank statement, find this bank account in your Wallet and request that we resend them to you.
- Some banks combine the 2 small deposits as a single amount. If you only receive 1 small deposit, contact us to confirm your bank account or try to link it instantly.
- The small deposits are temporary and will be removed from your bank account. If the deposits are $.05 and $.15, you'll also see a debit of $.20 by PayPal on your bank statement.