How do I use the Zettle POS product library?
The product library is where you can update prices, add taxes, and measure the health of your business through reports that track top-selling products and sales stats.
It’s located under the Products tab in your Zettle POS account and under the Library tab in your Zettle POS app.
Adding from your Zettle POS online
To add a product directly from your Zettle POS online, you can either add them individually or upload them in bulk(recommended).
To add an individual product:
- Login to my.zettle.com
- Click products
- Click the Add Product button.
- Fill in the relevant information and save your product.
To bulk upload products, please click here for more information on how to do this.
Adding from your Zettle POS app
To add a product directly from your Zettle POS app:
- Go to Library and tap Edit, followed by the + sign to the right
- Select whether you’d like to add a Product or Discount
- When you select Product, enter the name, price, variants if needed, and a photo*.
- You can also select the correct VAT rate for the product if that applies to your business.
* Use your Zettle POS account to add photos to your products.
Editing from your Zettle POS online:
By moving your mouse over a product in the product list, a pen and trash can icon appears at the end of the row.
To edit the product information, click the pen icon, edit directly in the fields and click the checkmark or press enter to save. By clicking on the trash can icon, your product will be deleted.
Editing from the Zettle POS app:
- Open the Zettle POS app
- Tap Sell
- Press and hold over the product you'd like to edit.
- The icons will now shake, tap the product you'd like to edit
- Update the product and click Save.
Sorting from your Zettle POS online
In your Zettle POS online, you can change the product list's default sorting by clicking on the column name. By default, all products are sorted alphabetically.
Clicking on the columns to change the order of your products doesn’t change how your products are displayed in the Zettle POS app.
On the top-right corner of your product list is a plus icon. By clicking this, you're shown a list of options for customizing the columns in your product list.
You can also resize your columns by hovering a pointer on the area between the columns. When you do this, a line appears, and you can simply click and drag it into place.
Sorting from your Zettle POS app:
The product library can be displayed in a few different ways:
- On iOS: You can either view the library as a grid (if you’re using an iPad, you can change the size of your grid by using the icon above it), or you can swipe to the left and view your library as a list with a search bar above it
- On Android: You can either view the library as a grid or use the search bar at the top of your screen.
- On the Terminal: You can either view the library as a grid or use the search bar at the top of your screen
If you’re using an Android and/or a Terminal device, we have launched a beta feature that allows you to create product library pages. For more information, click here.
Use your Zettle POS app to add products and discounts to the cart.
Tap on a product in your library to add it to the cart. Once a product has been added to the cart, you can:
- Increase the amount of that product
- Add a comment about that specific product, which can also be done when selling a product with a custom amount price
- Add a discount to that product.