Sending a quick invoice from the PayPal Business app.
Sending a quick invoice (total time: less than a minute per invoice).It’s fast, free, and easy to send an invoice that your customers can pay – even if they don’t have an account with PayPal. You only pay a low transaction fee when your customers pay you. View fees.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your PayPal Business account username and password
- Your smartphone or tablet
- The latest version of the PayPal Business app
- Your customers’ phone number, email address, or contact details for messaging and social apps
1. If you haven’t already, download the PayPal Business app. Log into the app using the username and password you created for your PayPal Business account.
2. Click on the Quick Actions icon (it’s shaped like a lightning bolt) in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
4. Enter an amount for the invoice.
5. (Optional) Add a memo to describe what the payment is for. This will appear in the body of the invoice your customer receives.
6. Click Create and Share Link.
7. You’ll see a notification that your invoice link is ready to share.
8. You can copy your invoice link and share it by email, text, or other messaging apps.
9. Click Done on the confirmation screen. Follow the steps above to create and share another quick invoice.
What your customers see.Your customers will receive a notification that you’ve sent them an invoice. When they open the notification, they’ll be redirected to the PayPal website to view their invoice, where they can complete their payment following the steps below.
1. Each invoice includes a Pay Now button.
2. Once customers click the Pay Now button, they’ll have the option to pay using their account with PayPal or by entering their credit or debit card information.
b. To pay using a debit or credit card, they click the Pay with Debit or Credit Card option.
c. They enter their card details along with their billing, shipping, and contact information. They click Pay Now to submit the payment.
The fastest way to send an invoice is by following the steps above for the PayPal Business app. If you want more advanced invoicing features, you can also create and send a standard invoice from the PayPal Business app or by logging into your PayPal Business account.
Frequently asked questions.
You have 3 convenient options to request payments from your friends or customers. It's ok if they don’t have a PayPal account yet; we'll help them sign up for one and guide them through the payment. We’ll email you when your payment request or invoice is paid.
There’s no fee for your to request a payment. You only pay a fee for receiving a payment when your request is paid. When the payment request is paid, the funds are added to your PayPal account balance.
Option 1. Send an email payment request
What is PayPal Email Payments?
Email Payments allow you to receive payments from anywhere around the world simply by sending a digital request. The recipients will then receive an email that allows them to pay you with credit/debit card, bank account, or their PayPal balance. If the transactions are eligible for Seller Protection, it’ll be reflected in your Transaction Details page.
To send a payment request:
- Go to Money.  >
- Click Send or request money.  >
- Near the top, click Request.  >
- Enter the email address then click Next.  >
- Review the information and click Request Now.
You can request money from more than one person at a time. To do so, just enter their email addresses separated by commas in Step 2 above.
Option 2. Send an invoice
What is PayPal Invoicing?
Online Invoicing is a free management tool to help you automate your invoicing process. The feature provides an easy-to-use invoice template that can be personalised with details such as your company logo, product descriptions, and invoice ID numbers. They can also be customised with discounts, shipping costs, and the currency you wish to be paid in. You can send the invoice via email or a direct link, immediately or at a scheduled later date. Invoices can also be send to multiple recipients at one go, or on a recurring basis.
To create and send an invoice:
- Go to Invoicing.  >
- Click Create new invoice.  >
- Enter the required information.  >
- Click Send.
Option 3. Share your PayPal.Me link
PayPal.Me is our new, hassle-free way to pay and get paid. You can share your personal PayPal.Me link with anyone via SMS, social media platform or email. Your customers can then click or type your link and send you payments. If their payments meet the eligibility for Buyer Protection, their purchases will also be safeguarded by PayPal. Learn more about how PayPal.Me works.
When your money request or invoice is paid:
- We'll send you an email notification.  >
- The status of the invoice or money request will change to “Paid” in your transaction history.
The funds will appear in your PayPal balance.
To send a batch invoice:
- Click the Use our sample batch file link.  >
- Fill in the file, leaving the headers in place. Add one line per invoice recipient.  >
- Be sure to fill out at least the email address, item name and item amount.  >
- Refer to the currency codes page for PayPal to see all supported currencies.  >
- Save the file as a CSV file. Then click browse to select the file and upload.