Accept donations quickly: Adding a donate button to your site in minutes
Adding a donate button to your website
If you already have a website, adding a button to accept donations or contributions is quick and easy, and you only pay a transaction fee when donors contribute to your organisation - fees can be viewed here.
If you’re a registered UK charity or non-profit organisation, you may be eligible to confirm your PayPal business account as a charity. Charity and non-profit accounts can benefit from paying reduced PayPal fees, including on payments made via the donation button1.
NOTE: If your website is hosted by an eCommerce platform – like BigCommerce, Magento, Shopify, or others – you may be able to add a new donate button from your site’s administration console and skip the steps below.
Before getting started, you will require the following:
- your PayPal Business account username and password; and
- access to your website’s HTML code.
- Log into your PayPal Business account.
- Click Tools at the top of the page, and then click PayPal buttons.
- Select the Donate button.
- Enter the item name and price. You can also customise the button with additional features. Click Create Button.
- Click Select Code to select the button code.
- Copy and paste the button code into your own web page code where you want the button to appear. Repeat the above process for every page where you want to add a button.
- This new button will appear on the "My Saved Buttons" page if you’d like to edit it at any point.
As a next step, you can confirm your PayPal business account as a charity, and then enroll in PayPal Giving Fund. Charities enrolled in the PayPal Giving Fund can receive donations through PayPal fundraising or donation programmes run by our partners.
When you’re ready, you can also:
- Create and send invoices.
- Create a link you can share in email, text message, or social media channels.
If you accept cookies, we'll use them to improve and customise your experience and enable our partners to show you personalised PayPal ads when you visit other sites. Manage cookies and learn more