How do I request a refund for unclaimed monies?
If you have unclaimed monies, you can submit a refund request. To do so, you’ll need:
- Your Original Transaction Number (OTN) which you can find on the MoneySmart website.
- Proof of identity
- Proof of current residential address
- Proof of connection to the address on the account (e.g. an old utility bill). If you’re unsure which address the money is listed at, check the MoneySmart site.
- Proof of change of name (if applicable)
- Proof of entitlement (if acting on behalf of someone else).
If you’re requesting a refund on behalf of a deceased person, we’ll also need the names of all executors listed in the will (interstate) or probate.
Once we’ve received your request, we’ll email you to acknowledge receipt within 1 business day and then process your request.
Note, if you’re requesting on behalf of a deceased person who didn’t have a will (interstate) or a company that is no longer registered, we can’t process your request. You’ll need to contact the ASIC Unclaimed Money Unit on 1300 301 198 or email email@example.com.