How do I send money with my PayPal account?
With PayPal, you can send money to anyone with an email address or mobile number.
To send money:
- Go to Send & Request.
- Enter the email address or mobile number for the person concerned and click Next.
- Select whether this is to pay a friend, or pay for a purchase.*
- Enter the amount involved and click Continue.
- Review and confirm the information on the screen and click Send Money Now.
To send money from your PayPal app:
- Tap Send.
- Enter the name, email or mobile number of the recipient and tap Next.
- Type the amount you'd like to send and tap Next.
- Choose your preferred payment method and tap Next.
- Review the information and tap Send now.
*If you're sending money to a friend or family member, select 'Sending to a friend'. If you're buying something, select 'Paying for an item or a service'.
We’ll send the recipient an email to let them know that you sent them money. If they don’t have a PayPal account, we'll explain how to sign up for one and accept your payment. PayPal members must confirm their email address before the money can be credited to their PayPal account.
On the payment page, your payment will be set in the default currency of your recipient’s country or region. If you have an agreement with the recipient, you’re able to change it to other currency.
You can also try PayPal.Me, our new, hassle-free way to pay and get paid. If the person you're paying has a PayPal.Me link, they can share the link with you and let you pay them easily through PayPal. Learn more about how PayPal.Me works.
Learn more about paying online with PayPal in Australia.