Help Article

How do I request a refund for unclaimed monies?

If you have unclaimed monies, you can submit a refund request. To do so, you’ll need:

  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of current residential address
  • Proof of connection to the address on the account (e.g. an old utility bill). If you’re unsure which address the money is listed at, check the MoneySmart site.
  • Proof of change of name (if applicable)
  • Proof of entitlement (if acting on behalf of someone else).

If you’re requesting a refund on behalf of a deceased person, we’ll also need the names of all executors listed in the will (interstate) or probate.

Once we’ve received your request, we’ll email you to acknowledge receipt within 1 business day and then process your request.

Note, if you’re requesting on behalf of a deceased person who didn’t have a will (interstate) or a company that is no longer registered, we can’t process your request. You’ll need to contact the ASIC Unclaimed Money Unit on 1300 301 198 or email

We're sorry. The page you're looking for is no longer available. To search again or contact us, please visit our Help Centre.