How do I respond to a dispute?
Here's how to respond to a dispute:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre near the bottom of the page.
- Click View under "Action" next to your case.
- Respond to the buyer and enter any relevant information (such as tracking information), and then click Post Message.
- Click Post Message.
Your message is sent directly to your buyer.
- You have 20 days from the date a dispute is opened to communicate with your buyer.
- If you and your buyer aren’t able to resolve the problem, you or the buyer can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim.
- If the dispute is not escalated within 20 days, it is automatically closed.
You were logged out to help protect your account.