How can I view the status of my refund on my PayPal account?
You can view the status of your refund in your Activity. Here’s how to view the latest status:
- Go to your Activity.
- Click Advanced filters.
- Click Refunds.
- Click the refunded transaction to view the details.
Here are definitions for some common refund statuses:
- Pending: If your refund status is Pending, It could be because the seller has initiated the refund but the money has not yet cleared. The refund will appear as ‘completed’ as soon as the money posts to your account. It usually takes 3-4 business days for the money to become available in your PayPal balance.
- Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance or on your credit card.
Where is my refund sent to?
How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.
- If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your card. If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, please contact the issuing bank, as the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
- If you paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal account balance. After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account or use the money for future purchases through PayPal.
- If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by the credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account balance.
- If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card. If the refund cannot be processed to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.
Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.
Learn more about our refund and return policy in Australia.
You were logged out to help protect your account.