How can I view the status of my refund?
You can view the status of your refund in your account history.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Activity near the top of the page.
- Click All transactions and then click Refunds.
- Click Details beside the transaction in question.
Here are definitions for your refund’s status:
- ‘Completed’: Your refund has been credited to your account.
- ‘Pending’: Your seller has initiated the refund but the money has not yet cleared. The refund will appear as ‘completed’ as soon as the money posts to your account. This process can take up to 7 working days to complete.
- ‘Canceled’: The refund could not be completed. Contact the seller for more information.
The original payment’s status will show whether the payment has been refunded:
- ‘Refunded’: The entire original payment was credited to your account.
- ‘Partially Refunded’: Part of the original payment was credited to your account.
Refunds made will be credited to your credit card if it was the original source of payment. Refunds may take 30 days to appear on your credit card statement. Payments from other sources are refunded to your PayPal balance.
You were logged out to help protect your account.