Where is my refund?
To view the status of your refund in your Activity:
- Go to Activity.
- Select your date range located to the left of the search bar.
- Click Filters and select Refunds.
- Click the refunded transaction to view the details.
Where is your refund sent?
How your PayPal payment was funded determines how your refund is returned:
- If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund.
- If your payment came from your bank account, it will be refunded to that bank account.
- If your payment came from your PayPal balance, it will be refunded to your PayPal balance.
- If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your debit or credit card, we'll refund the amount paid by debit or credit card directly to the card, and the rest to the PayPal balance.
- If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your bank account, we'll refund the amount paid by bank account directly to that bank and the rest will return to the PayPal balance.
- If you paid using PayPal Credit, the amount is refunded to your PayPal Credit account.
Is your refund pending?
There are a few reasons why your refund might be pending, such as:
- The refund was sent to an email address that isn't confirmed. PayPal payments can't complete until the recipient's email address is confirmed on their PayPal account.
- Banking delays are holding up the refund. Banking delays can sometimes delay refunds by up to 5 working days.
Refunded or Partially Refunded: If your refund status is Refunded or Partially Refunded, it means that the refund is complete. The money should be back in your PayPal balance, in your bank account or on your card.